It seems like I’ve fallen off the blogging bandwagon yet again! I really do plan to update this more often, but it definitely has a learning/commitment curve. Plus, as usual, I’ve been super busy. I know that seems kinda crazy, what with not working right now, but since my last post a month ago (yikes!), I:
- Had some of our Chicago friends come to stay with us for a weekend
- Starting building a sideboard cabinet for my bathroom (more on that in another post)
- Ran in the mascot race at the twins game. Dan is Babe the Blue Ox, I’m Wanda the Fish and Abby is Louie. Dan won! Check it out here.
- Went to Vegas to celebrate my little sister’s 21st birthday
- And most importantly, got a dog!!!
So, without further ado, meet our little baby girl, Layla:
She’s actually not a baby. She’s about one and a half years old, she’s a pit bull and we got her from the lovely people at Save-A-Bull pit bull rescue group. It all happened in less than a week, which was super crazy, but we’ve had her for about 3 weeks now and things are starting to both settle down and get tougher with her. She is absolutely adorable and generally very well-behaved. She is house trained and mostly crate trained now, and doing pretty darn well on a leash too. However, they say that it is very common for adopted dogs to start getting comfortable around 3 weeks and to try to test their owners and we’re just starting to get a taste of that. Layla weighs 50 pounds and it is all muscle, so we’re really trying to work on getting her to do things because we ask her to, not because we force her to, since it’s pretty tough for me to force her to do anything. Overall, though she’s just a total sweetie and a complete cuddle monster. Here is a list of her likes and dislikes:
- Petting and belly rubs
- Laying in the sun and being warm
- Running around the yard and crashing into things
- Chasing squirrels, rabbits and ducks
- Running more than a mile or so
So there you have it. A busy “spring” and an adorable new buddy. Expect to see lots more of her in future posts!